In this video, we will discus far end camera control for our PTZ Cameras via RS-232 over USB. Many of the HuddleCamHD camera also support UVC control which provides far end camera control over a USB connection to software such as VSee and Zoom Video Conferencing. But today, we will talk about RS-232 commands over USB. These commands can be built into various programs and used as dedicated controllers for medical video conferencing carts and/or regular meeting spaces.
RS-232 has been the industry standard for controlling ProAV hardware devices since the beginning so support for RS-232 commands over USB is a big deal. This control protocol can allow users to use Crestron, AMX or their very own Windows programs to build Pan, Tilt and Zoom control functionality.
More on USB PTZ Camera Control
- How to gain far end PTZ camera control with HuddleCamHD here.
- How to use RS232 over USB for far end camera control here.
- New far end camera control software for Windows computers here.
- HuddleCamHD IR Remote Control overview here.
- How to use the RS-232 Serial Joystick Controller here.